Those who have seen the poorest of this world feel rich enough to help.”
Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)
Our dream: Equal opportunity and happiness for every child
We are so happy you are here and that you are able to give us a moment of your time. We would like to provide you with some information about our organization and the work we do, but above all, we want to tell you a little bit about the people behind it. Because everyone has a unique story. Unfortunately, however, not everyone gets the same opportunities in life. Changing this together is the aim of Let Doctors Fly
Seeing means helping
When our founder Pamela Yaqub traveled to Uganda for the first time in 2012, she discovered a breathtakingly beautiful country. The beauty of the landscape and the unshakable zest for life of the people who live in the heart of Africa left a deep impression on her. Then a completely different impression changed everything. During her trip, she saw many children with disability who were cast out by their own family or locked away and who were leading an existence quite simply unfit for a human being. These children had no one in life. Inconceivable and impossible to look away. She wanted to; no, she had to change this.
And she has since received help from many others. Together, let us be a safety net for children who have no anchor in life. Let us tighten it so that it can hold those who have had a rough start in life.
Building a future together
Thanks to numerous supporters, we have already been able to achieve so much for the forgotten children of Uganda. And we will never tire of continuing our mission. Together, we want to:
- Make on site medical infrastructure available to everyone
- Finance the further deployment of doctors and physical therapists
- Facilitate essential medical treatment and life-saving operations
- Give children more self-sufficiency and quality of life
- Build schools in which each child can feel included
- Build reliable homes for abandoned children
- Protect young girls from forced marriage
- Educate the people of Uganda about disability and how to effectively deal with it
- Create new awareness and acceptance of people with disability
This is how you can help
Do you want to be a part of our net? With each new thread, the net becomes stronger and takes a little bit of the heavy burden off children with disability. No matter the extent – really any help counts. Read here to find out what you can do specifically to help.